FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GHA Discovery Total Mess
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:27 pm
TheHak

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
GHA Discovery Total Mess

After pushing the effort of making it to Platinum on GHA, I was looking forward to explore what I would get out of it.

So far so bad

First trip to GVA Kempinksi, no upgrades possible as hotel is sold out (amusingly the website showed ample rooms)

Today I brought the family to the Kempinski in Bruges. This time the system just didn't recognize me as Platinum. Not only did I not get any benefit at all but I was also accused of either not understanding the program (1st receptionist), failed to book by the GHA website (made no sense but thats what the 2nr receptionist claimed) and looked to profit from something I was not entitled to and that scrounging was not an option (3rd receptionist - classy basically said I was a lie).

I of course asked them to call GHA themselves (Kempinski Bruges did show me that on their system I was gold) but they never did. So I called GHA myself, had a nice lady who confirmed I was Platinum and who said she would call right away to confirm I was platinum. Apparently however she couldn't make it through an international call (was told that when I called back) and basically the receptionist didn't want to take my mobile phone to talk to her because nothing proved it was GHA (but heh he didn't want to call them either) and so GHA claimed to have emailed but the Kempinski Bruges claimed to never have received anything.

All in all I received nothing but felt severely humiliated. I am still wandering how all this mess happened. Clearly the Bruges Kempinski didn't behave like a 5* hotel but there are also huge technical flaws within GHA.

Never again