FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 18, 12, 8:01 am
silent129

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by Kpoxa View Post
It looks like the ability to waitlist for award seat became another casualty of this merger. I have award flight in X booked on CO prior to the merger. Now I need to have my return flight move to the following day. The flight is several months away but there no award seats available for the next day. I just got off the phone with United rep and was told that itís not possible to waitlist for award seats, itís only possible as part of an upgrade. I know that last year I was able to waitlist for more convenient CO award flight in X with no problems; I think they even allowed me to get waitlisted for two different flights on the same day and I didnít have status with neither UA nor CO.
I was just wait listed on fare bucket (IN) for a flight from BOS-IAD, which is the first leg of a BOS-IAD-NRT-TPE flight, where the rest of the itinerary had confirmed Saver First seats. Does anyone know when the award wait list starts to clear? Is it dependent on status (I'm 1K, my wife is Silver, we're traveling together but on different record locators)?