FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for upcoming NYC stay?
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:25 pm
suspire

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The problem with your request is that you'll get as many opinions on which is best as there are active posters on the Hyatt forum. I wouldn't stay at either Andaz if they gave me the room for free. Among many other problems, I can't sleep well at them because they appear not to have true blackout curtains.

I haven't tried 48 Lex. GH has always treated me well, and I like the taste of the renovations I got a while back when I was in a junior suite. But it is a large, impersonal hotel with many annoyance charges (delivering a package to the room, leaving bags with the bellman, etc etc -- all charged extra).

Will be in NYC in early May and will either try 48 Lex or check out the result of the GH renovations -- not both, I prefer not to move hotels during a visit.

I am hoping it won't be too terribly long before the Park Hyatt NY opens!
I figured that'd be the case, but getting information and opinions is useful (like your issue with the lack of blackout curtains). What are your other main problems with the two Andaz properties?

As for the Lex 48, I would strongly recommend it. It DOES have blackout curtains, and I found the rooms to be modern and tastefully decorated and the service to be excellent with no hidden charges or fees. That said, the rooms are on the smallish side, even the Terrace Studio we had, but I do like this property.