FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 7 Day Travelcard and LHR
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:42 am
cme17

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by BA0197
I plan on purchasing a 7 Day Travelcard on my arrival into London. The TfL website states that 7 Day Travelcards purchased at a "TfL Outlet" are issued in the form of an Oyster Card. With regards to Heathrow T5, I am a tad confused about which services are included with the purchase of the Travelcard. The TfL website is not overly clear on this matter.

The TfL website clearly states that Travelcards and Oyster cards are not valid on Heathrow Connect services between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow. Can I assume that services between Paddington and T5 are permissible? I know HeX is out of the question on a travelcard, correct?

Also, is there a "TfL Outlet" at the T5 tube station?

Thank you for helping,
BA0197
Hi. You can't use a travelcard for the Heathrow Connect from Paddington to T5 as it is not valid from Hayes and Harlington to Heathrow. You would need to buy a ticket from Heathrow to H+H and then use the travelcard from there. There is a ticket office at the underground station at T5.

It may be cheaper just to buy an Oystercard rather than a travelcard. The oystercard is prepaid and charges you for each journey. If you use it a lot in one day, it will only charge you the cost of a travelcard for that day.

If you buy a 7 day travelcard at Heathrow you will need to get a zone 1-6. Depending on your travel plans and if you stay in central London you won't need zone 1-6.