FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:56 am
hawata

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

UA847 IAD to EZE on March 16th - delayed 14.5H

I was supposed to go last evening from EWR to IAD to EZE. I am a 1K and former CO Plat.

First my flight from EWR to IAD was delayed by two hours and i would not have made my flight, i was early enough there to get on the 5PM flight that left at 6.45pm.

Then arriving at the lounge in IAD i was informed that my flight is not leaving due to paperwork / system issues. They told me that we are leaving on the 17th at 10am. they gave me a voucher for the Marriott and 2 10us vouchers for dinner and breakfast. I understand that i should have received 2 @ 20 and that hardly covers dinner, but more importantly i dont make it to my own anniversary to Buenos Aires. My wife is already there, and everything is messed up.

Now at the airport the flight is more delayed to 12.30pm today making it a day flight arriving at midnight.

So i wonder what the typical compensation would be? I got 10K miles or 250us last week after FLT75 didn't make it all the way to EWR due to headwinds. That was a 2.5H delay but this is a complete disaster, at least for my holiday plans.

This didnt happen with the old CO and i have to mention that UA53 IAH to EZE arrived without issues.

Cheers

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 22, 2012 at 7:48 am Reason: retitled