FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:01 pm
flyer215

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by sim510
Just made the call on the back of my 1K MM card. The call started out with recordings, and then I said "agent" a couple of times and finally got put into the agent cue.... call was answered with a minute!!! Could not believe it happened so fast.

Anyway, I asked that my husband's status be matched (MM designee from January) and she was able to do it right away. I know the discussion has been what sort of status match we'd be seeing......would it be star gold, or would it be the exact level I current have.... Great result... he's now 1K... !! His new card will be coming after we return from Europe, but at least he shows 1K in the system now.

Just had to report the good news.
Thanks!

Based on this, I just called in to get my status bumped up to GS via the MM companion match.

Interestingly, I had been pre-registered and approved under thanksamillion on Dec 31 using PMUA account #s, but the agent could not see my (new-style OP #) account registered to the 1MM GS's (new-style OP #) account on the new system. Also she said that while she could register it, I wouldn't see anything until next week... well, about 10 seconds in, after I had provided both NEW account numbers, she said, "Oh! Now your account is showing up as the companion of the 1MM. Funny, it wasn't showing before." So these systems seem a little glitchy, or the act of looking it up is triggering the match, or something.

I then logged in and out online, and voila, I was shown as "Global Services" on the summary page.

EDIT: This page is now updated and also shows GS. -----------I did note the following though, on the "All Account Activity" page, it still says "Premier 1K".

-- Also, did they say new creds would be mailed out automagically? I forgot to ask about that part. EDIT: Called back, they looked, and said it had already been mailed on 3/13 (!) So it looks like the status match had already gone through automatically, but some glitch was not displaying the new status on my acct page until today's call. Huh.

Anyway, ^^ for UA being willing to push this through on the schedule Shannon quoted ("a week or two after 3/3"), and for matching GS.

Last edited by flyer215; Mar 15, 2012 at 3:41 pm