FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Equipment change - how are seats reassigned?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:16 pm
Exleftseat

Originally Posted by danM
Try doing a dummy booking and seeing which seats are actually available -- it may be that your pick did stick, but the website is out of sync.

There was another thread somewhere where somebody had a similar issue, and the story (IIRC) was that the seat reselection had taken hold, but that there were actually two different places that the seat assignment could be read from, and the website was grabbing from the wrong (stale) one...
Happy to report that this upon checking this morning my new seat assignment sticks. Could have been the glitch you are mentioning yesterday.
Takes a big load off my shouldera as I am paranoid with seat ssignments.

Originally Posted by halls120
As much as I love 21H on the old configuration, I stopped selecting it once the new configs started appearing in decent numbers. For the past year, I picked a seat that existed and was decent in both configs.
I got burned now twice, two weeks ago on a trip to BRU I picked seat 20J, this flight switched equipment to the old version, so we were reseated in a regular row. Now this time the old version has been switched to the new one and I lost my good seat again. By the way how do you pick a seat that is decent in both configurations?