FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Far in Advance to Book Saver Awards
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 am
mnmme

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Originally Posted by dcjgg
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before -- my search turned up nothing, and older posts may no longer be relevant after the merger.

My question is: how far in advance can I try to book a saver award (e.g., 12.5k miles per direction)?

In the past, I thought you could start booking 330 days in advance, which is in a couple of days for me. I tried calling the 1K line yesterday to confirm if that was the case, and the agent said that they don't know when the saver awards become available. She even said that she's never heard of saver awards being available 330 days in advance, even though I booked them last year! I don't think she knew what she was talking about. At this point, the only way to be safe is going to be to call every day!

No one knows When or If they will be released, but if you are a 1K and have no penalty in changing them or cancelling them. Book as soon as you find what you need!

Does anyone know the answer and/or a way to confirm when saver awards become available for booking?

Thanks!