FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 14, 12, 7:46 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
It's a nice feature - works for co-terminals too

I only do Savers, can only assume it works for "regular" (if you mean the overpriced, last seat Standard awards that you should try and stay away from booking)

The kinds of WL I'm aware of:

1. Booked in a lower cabin on a higher int'l itinerary - WL the higher cabin (be it a short domestic leg or a long int'l one)
2. Have a multi-segment trip, WL a non-stop
3. Plan B (still available?) - get confirmed in Y, but pay the C fare and get a WL C segment
The waitlist I need is actually to downgrade. The horror! But presently I'm in Y and my son's in saver F (can you tell who's on the paid ticket and who has the award?). There were no saver seats available in either Y or C, and a standard Y r/t to Europe at 110k miles is too close to a saver F at 137k to make the Y ticket worth considering. Hoping to find a seat in C open up. Of course, he's pretty happy with F... especially since the TATL portion (ORD-FRA) in in seat #1 on a 747.