FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:52 pm
ohmark

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Joeinfl
I am PP, stay at the Marco Island Marriott at least 3 times a year, and have done for the last five years, and up until last year, I always managed to get an upgrade to a suite. The last time 2 times I stayed there (late 2011), no suites, but they were available for a price - so, no, it is still the same. I am going in May again, so I'll definately be able to tell you.
They are living up to the letter of the rule, which doesn't require upgrades to suites. Plats of all varieties should remember this when making choices of where to spend their money and points. I'm not saying not to stay there, but be aware when you do that you won't be getting suite upgrades or breakfast, unlike HHonors elites next door who will be getting breakfast and maybe a suite.
Edited 6/26/2013 to note that shortly after I posted the above, Marriott changed it rules to include suites as part of the plat/gold upgrade benefit.

Last edited by ohmark; Jun 26, 2013 at 8:31 pm Reason: Marriott changed its rules