FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Terrible Customer Service
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:26 pm
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by tomj888
DEAR MODERATORS, I TRIED TO FIND A THREAD THIS IS MOST APPROPRIATE FOR BUT I DID NOT SEE IT IN THE FIRST TWO PAGES OF POSTS. I APOLOGIZE IF THIS IS MORE THAN REDUNDANT.

About to take my first domestic flight on PMUA. I'm a MM and 1K flyer. I used miles to upgrade to F on IAH to MIA b/c reading the forums it appears everything is for sale on CO. I checked F availability this morning 26 hours prior to flight and it (new .bomb) shows 5 seats. Went to mobile app and it shows 4 seats. Called useless 1K desk. Got right thru, then when I asked for upg status was put on hold for 10 min as the agent tried to sort it out. She came back and said NO seats. When I told her what I saw on .bomb and mobile .bomb she was perplexed. By that time, I was done and told her how sad I was that UA is now treating its most loyal members like. Hung up the phone and started to wonder where to take my 125K/yr miles to going forward. OR do I wait it out for 6 months to see if the pendulum starts to swing back to the middle.
My Question is, are most upper end elites finding this to be true? I'm glad I can still get exit rows. When will those be taken away from elites at the time of purchase?
Huh? Are there just 4/5 first class seats in F class for sale or are there seats in R class showing available and you're still waitlisted? There is no difference now than how it's ever been in the past with United.. there has to be upgrade space available, not just seats for sale. Has nothing to do with poor customer service.. they're just trying to sell some seats. Your upgrade will likely clear eventually.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm Reason: quote