FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible that the merger will mess up Global Services selection
Old Mar 14, 12, 8:54 am
crosspondmaven

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Omni: Black: Hyatt: Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Is it possible that the merger will mess up Global Services selection

The reason I wonder is that last year i did about 70K solely in international C and F, but across United and Continental.

This year I will be doing about 120K the same way on United (plus economy on partners) , but since no miles have been posting for the last two weeks (I have been told to call back on the 16th if they have not posted by then), I feel I may get passed over and lost in the process. The genuine reason why I want GS is for dedicated phone lines with fast access and no Indian call centers.

I understand there are no guarantees, but I am placing bets. I live in the UK but will likely one day move back to the US and would be nice to be a multi-million miler with permanent benefits. But if GS is not likely this year, i would rather give my future business to BA (where Gold really is something) or LH (where I should be able to hit HON and have limo service to and from planes and international first lounge access) and just use American/United on my US connections.

Any thoughts?