FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - why does UA continue to fly those abysmal 763s to South America?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:10 pm
seacarl

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by craz
any idea of how many seats up front will remain? I know my days of clearing Biz on the ps flights are numbered as they drop 12 seats, chances for being in the front cabin will greatly diminish as its not hard for CO to fill the flights with those on Corp rates, disc tkts and GSs. thats why I wish they left ps as is its alot better with the lousy personal IFE then sitting in the back

Now if they would still keep teh same amount of non Y seats taht would be something else, so I assume the 763 will end up with less seats as well = Id rather be in FC domestic seat then Y
The ps aircraft are to be fitted with 28 lie-flat C seats. That's still less premium seats that today, and there will be a lot more Y seats, so upgrades will be tougher, but it won't be only 12 seats. Even CO's 752's used for transatlantic ops have 16 F seats aft of door 2L, and I believe they will use the same seating on the reconfigured ps birds.

No idea how many BF seats will go into the 2-class 763s but there's no reason to believe it will be much less than in today's 3-class 763s.