FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Occupying Seats for Friends - Worse for Long Haul? Solution?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 pm
UALOneKPlus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Originally Posted by GVretiredguy
Sorry but that is complete BS. People like myself and wife play by the rules and buy EBCI for each of us. We paid to select the "seat of our choice that is vacant", These people are NOT my fellow man. They are cheats, rude, manipulators, obnoxious, and dishonest, period. We do not recognize a seat being held by someone who has friends that are to friggin' cheap to spend $10 for an earlier boarding place as a seat that is taken.
Did you ever notice that in today's society the people who end up getting rewarded are the people who think that they are the exception to the rule, it doesn't apply to them? The folks who play by the rules get screwed everytime. I guess that is enough of a rant for now.
What if on the other hand they really are saving it for a friend / family?

I do 90% business travel, but 10% of my travel is with my family. I would want them to sit with me, and you wouldn't enjoy sitting next to me by making my wife / kids sit else where.

As long as the plane's not full, who cares? Move on to another aisle / window seat of your desire.