FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award reservation never ticketed by UA, now missing segments.
Old Mar 13, 12, 6:53 pm
buaya00

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila View Post
I'm trying to figure out what the likely outcome of this is going to be. What is United's legal responsibility making a reservation for me and then me loosing it because to their failure of them to ticket it. Does "Your purchase is confirmed." mean anything.

I can see this playing out poorly for me. I suspect even if I do get through on the phone it's just going to be a case of "it's not ticketed" now CA no longer has availability, nothing the reservation agent can do.

There have been threads here on this exact situation. My suggestion is to check your itineraries and it would show if the reservation was ticketed or not. That e-mail they send out confirming the booking is not a confirmation that the flights are ticketed. Its just to tell you they have it and will ticket it. If you don't get a follow up e-mail within 3 hrs go online and check if it was ticketed. If not call them as many have reported it goes into limbo and you are left holding the bag.

BTW - Like yr handle..drunk and crazy