FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience flying Continental with pets
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:01 pm
SFOFastAir

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by lapeter
I see that starting 3-3-12 United will adopt the same program that CA now uses for shipping pets. They will become cargo instead of checked baggage. We fly United with our two dogs twice a year from Boise to Maui. My question is being asked of people flying on CA with their pets. Do you take the dogs to another part of the airport (cargo area) and then you go to the normal counter? Also in the past from Boise to SFO it is the smaller commuter jet (CR200) and we can only put one dog in cargo (that is the max allowed) and we put the other one in cabin. At SFO we have to go to the counter and check the second dog as checked luggage to Maui. SFO to Maui all pets have to go below in the plane. Now if the second dog in SFO needs to go to another part of the airport (cargo area) we may have a problem getting there. I guess a taxi to cargo and back maybe. Almost think my wife and I will have to travel on separate days to avoid the problem. How does the CA program been working.
TIA.
Contact the UA Live Animal Desk (1-800-575-3335 or 1-281-553-5052) for current rates and pick-up/drop-off locations.

The UA Cargo facility at SFO is a short walk form the International Terminal G AirTrain station (about 5-10 min 1/4-1/3 mi).

Last edited by SFOFastAir; Apr 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm Reason: Change location of PetSafe facility.