FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:50 am
matt in france

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by UnitedFirst
Seems like people just keep adding on questions to this thread, so hopefully you won't mind me doing the same.

I'm traveling YUL ZRH LIS later this week, all in Swiss Business with a 3 hour layover in Zurich. Can you tell me...

- I'll want to take a shower upon arrival. Is it better to use the Arrivals Lounge, or visit the Senator Lounge (with my Star Gold status)? Will using the Arrivals Lounge require another trip through security, or will I need to do that after clearing immigration anyhow?

- Is the Arrivals Lounge tough to locate, or quite visible?

- Perhaps I should also take a step back and confirm: There is a Senator Lounge equipped with showers in the Schengen zone, correct? (Seems so based on swiss.com.)

- Any other things to take into account?

Thanks for your wisdom!
The Arrivals Lounge is in the Baggage reclaim hall, so to access it, you'd just follow signs to Baggage reclaim (via the Heidi Train). You'd pass through Immigration in the main Building before you got there obviously, and would have to go landside afterwards an back upstairs to departures, where you'd be Security screened, but would face no further Passport Checks as you were departing to a Schengen destination. At this point you could access the SEN Lounge, too.
Alternatively, you could follow signs for Transit Pax, clear Security in E Dock upon Arrival, take the Heidi Train (in a seperate, security cleared carriage) to the Main Building, pass through Schengen Immigration there, and be 2 Flights of Stairs away from the SEN Lounge.
So it really just comes down to whether you want to have security behind you before you Shower or not...
The Showers aren't actually in the SEN Lounge, though, they're in the neighbouring Business Class Lounge, although the lounges share the same front desk, and as a *G you can use either, and pass from one to the other anyway.