FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 'other' loyalty programs forum?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:50 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Discussion: 'other' loyalty programs forum?

Maybe this exists somewhere and I'm missing it...

I regularly use The Parking Spot for parking near PHX, and it seems they've now grown and have locations around the U.S. Along with Parking Spot, there's a handful of other off-airport places one can use.

The primary reason I use Parking Spot? Points of course! Yes, you earn points for parking your car. The points can then be redeemed. I'll usually save up a bunch so every year or 2 when we take a big vacation to Europe for 2 weeks and get 'free' parking near the airport.

With Parking Spot alone there's corporate discounts, online coupons, coupon books, specials for getting your car washed, oil changes, double point days, reservations, etc. Seems like it has the right mix for a discussion somewhere on Flyertalk, but I'm not sure where. As it is both travel and points related, I'd think in the Miles & Points area.

There currently is an, "Other Loyalty Programs/Partners," section on Flyertalk:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-partners-394/

There's 3 forums in this area, Amtrak, iDine, and Gaming. Maybe we could have another forum, either specifically naming, "Off-airport parking," or simply have it, "Other Loyalty Programs/Partners discussion." I know some airports (namely London area) have points schemes for shopping on-airport (BAA Worldpoints), so that is another topic that could go into this option.

Thoughts? Or maybe point me where this is currently discussed?