FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:43 pm
MR_MAMA

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by jzumrick
Does anyone have a problem with the idea that after meeting all requirements of a program one has to be selected. If GE passes are required (though I am sure they are not) one has to pay extra for less scrutiny.Could this program as it grows leads to a big lawsuit against the TSA?

I have been through pre-check several times as LAS, a single mostly empty line. But as the program knows and qualified fliers learn about it this empty line will fill and perhaps even become slower than the regular lines. If the TSA is selecting you for pre-check they may decide to select fewer. Of course the TSA could then say that everyone eligible can use pre-check, they are only randomly select one to undergo an enhanced screening.

Some is going to get mad and try and do something.
I thought if you hold a GE or Nexus, you get precheck automatically other than that it is random, which it should be. Those with cards have had the extra screening already, etc, those that have not gone through the screening it should be random.