FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Create a Peru Forum
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:49 am
Villavic
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, from the Chileno perspective (not mine, just observations over the years), "They're short, they're ugly, they're taking our jobs" would be a reason to perhaps segregate Peru items in its own forum. But if Peru gets a forum, Chile will need at least 2, and Argentina will probably require at least 5.
As you can see in my first posts I avoided the comparision of Peru with other South America countries. I don't want to fall in the "Peru deserves a forum more than..." discussion. I just listed the reasons for a forum according the questions I read in previous posts.

I'm not sure either if this is the place to discuss or evalute the historic wealth and social-political issues of each country. I just think there is a lot of ugly people, short, etc.. in Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, India, US, UK, and the whole planet. Does Peru have something to be ashamed, from past or present? Sure! And Does Argentina and Chile? Of course!! As US does, Cuba, France, China, etc...

Not sure if all chilean people share that chileno perspective you mention. Probably a lot do, but if chilean corporations love to invest in Peru (retail, banking, airlines), I guess there must be something good in this land, beyond the rich gastronomy chileans love to adopt.

Last edited by Villavic; Mar 13, 2012 at 8:18 am