FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles for one trip
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:58 am
redtop43

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Miles for one trip

I hope this is the place to post this, rather than in the credit card forum.

I do the credit card bonus points thingy for most of my travel needs/issues, mostly oriented around American Express points transferred to Air Canada (my wife lives in Canada, me in the USA, so we need a lot of Canada-USA tickets) with a smaller amount of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, and I have a decent balance on Delta as well.

My wife travels every August to Romania to see her family. I am thinking about trying to accumulate United miles specifically for that trip.

So here are my questions:

1) I think the current offer for the UA Explorer card is 60K if you already have an active MP account. Can we open an account, transfer a minimal number of miles from the Chase UR acccount, and thereby qualify for the 60K bonus?
2) I think United miles do expire. Can we keep them active by making a small transfer from Chase UR just before the expiration date?
3) What is saver availability like? She would usually be flying RDU-OTP (Bucharest) in early August, returning in late August, she has a window of about 5 days on each leg and would usually stay 15-20 days.

Thanks for any help.