FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:33 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Tried two experiments. The first one seems successful: The 9,000/3 days landing page came up and permitted booking. In the second, I mixed a Groupon AWD with the coupon given here/on the landing page. Had to start over, but the system didn't choke, or give a red expiry notice. We'll see.

The other issue I always deal with, even starting from scratch, is that the system goes in and substitutes all my profile preferences for whatever I've put in for the present rental. I mean eve when I don't enter my Avis First #. (I forgot to change my profile preferences to reflect this promo. Gotta do that right now. Hope it's not too late.)

Oh, and one more thing. Discovered that the field is not long enough for the whole CC number on the printed contract. Also says "GP/10 numbers". Gold Passport?! Back up to the desk. Fortunately no queue. Agent volunteered to show me what was on her screen. It was all* there, and correct.

Anyway, maybe this digression isn't needless if some can use it.

* (Except my Avis First # ^. Again, we'll see.)