FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:18 am
wxguy

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by sim510
Does your packet say, in writing, that the GS level will be granted? Or does your packet say something about 'matching your lifetime status' for your spouse? I'm asking because I'm MM1K and after talking with UA rep, I firmly believe that my husband will get star gold, not 1K... so he will be matched to my 'lifetime status' not to my 'current level'. I'll be anxious to see what actually happens when those credentials get mailed out to nominees in late March/early April (according to rep).

I've sent email(s) to 1k voice and gotten the response about lifetime status matching, which is NOT the same as 'current level' matching. The language that used to be on the UA site is (of course) gone... the 'current level' language, that is.

Time will tell...
Spouse/partners of MMs are granted the current level of the MMer. So if the MMer is GS, the designee is GS. If the MMer drops to a lower level in a future year, so does the designee. This has been verified by UA Insider twice - once on a post on FT and again in a PM to me.