FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow....just wow! Take note at OMA!
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:30 pm
ColoBill1

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Wow....just wow! Take note at OMA!

It was bad enough that Thrifty Omaha airport tried to stick me with paying for a three day rental when turning in my car, when I had reserved and used the car for four hours less than two days. The agent had entered the wrong pickup time on my contract, i.e., for a morning rather than evening pickup. The supposed pickup time was four hours prior to my departure flight from COS. Agent at turn-in said she couldn't do anything to correct this mistake, and I'd have to wait until the location manager came in on Monday to do anything. Even after the location manager adjusted my rental to two days, the final cost quoted back to me over the phone when I called on Wednesday was $13 higher than that shown on my reservation.

The reason? The final bill given to me at the counter listed two additional fees/taxes that were not shown on my reservation. I made a dummy reservation for the same days this week, and those two fees/taxes were still not shown on the rental estimate. So the website is NOT providing an accurate estimate. One of the missing add-ons, a fee, was $5 a day extra, which could certainly add up.

I called Thrifty Blue Chip and they are supposed to be investigating their website as far as this disconnect, at least for Omaha rentals, and are supposed to get back with me. This has never happened to me on any other car rental, that I can recall.

UPDATE as of 18 March: No feedback yet provided by Thrifty Blue Chip, and probably nothing will be forthcoming from them unless I call again, which I will do tomorrow.

By the way, how do you other folks feel about customers being held responsible for paying for previously undisclosed taxes/fees, which are routinely being left off OMA (and possibly other locations?)rental estimates provided by Thrifty's own website?

Last edited by ColoBill1; Mar 19, 2012 at 12:20 am