FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning on current immigration clearance time
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:36 pm
planr

Programs: TG ROP Gold
Outbound / Inbound data points

Outbound - Monday, 5 March, 0600am

Heading outbound on TG620 to MNL in Y. The line at immigration (I guess this would be the middle of the three sections) was very long, snaking quite far out into the ticketing area. I stood in the line for 10-15 minutes, continuously but slowing moving forward / making progress. About the time I reached the little entry-way to actually go into the "room" where the immigration officers are, I was waved to a small Fast Track area where we actually went through security before approaching immigration officers. Spent about another 10-15 minutes here.

So in a nutshell, it took just shy of 30 minutes to make it all the way through.

Inbound - Wednesday, 7 March, 2220pm

Came in on TG625 from MNL. We were bussed from the plane to the terminal (which I found quite strange, given it is TG, did they forget to pay landing fees this month?). In any case, there were 3-4 buses at the door to the terminal before us, so we sat on the bus for 5-10 minutes before we were let off.

Once I got up to immigration (forget which one it was), the hall was completely full. There were at least a 20 lines open with 25-30 people in each (see pic below). Despite the crowd, it took me about 20 minutes to clear the queue.

In a nutshell, in my recent experience, Suvarnibhumi is the least pax-friendly airport from an immigration standpoint in the region (compared with HKG, SIN, SGN, HAN, MNL, SYD, etc) with the exception of CAN which I think should be burned to the ground.