FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "Review and Comment on my Itinerary" thread
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:51 am
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I'm asking whether there are any attractions/locations/events that I should get to *within the area that I'm actually traveling* - south central Alaska.

We debated Fairbanks, but we were there on the last trip, 12 years ago, and didn't remember anything that was worth giving up other parts of our trip. I took a look at Tripadvisor and the Alaska travel sites and am still comfortable that it fell below the line.

The harder choice was Homer/Katmai/Kodiak. Homer was on the original plan for the final night but after doing the math we would arrive at about 2pm and need to leave by noon the following day. I just couldn't justify 6-7 hours of driving for that time period. I'd love to get there, and might do it if I was solo, but it's different with two kids.

I'd still like to get to Katmai/Kodiak, and your note triggered some searching, but I can't find flights out of Seward, they're all out of Homer (which makes sense). I am going to keep looking though, I think that would be interesting and I think we do have a half to a full day to spare in Seward.

Thanks