FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:17 am
Antonio8069

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I rarely stay in Starwoods without lounges and when I do, I tend either to have scheduled breakfast meetings (Westin Atlanta, for example), early flights (so that I get a lounge breakfast at the airport or breakfast is served on board), or a rate/property that offers me breakfast anyways (St Regis Singapore). I can't remember the last time I purchased breakfast in a hotel. Hence this new benefit is almost worthless to me even if it is implemented well and does not lead to any decreases from hotels that already offer breakfast. OTOH, I expect some of my beloved breakfast offerings (St Regis Singapore, Tokyo Westin, The Nines, Westin Atlanta Buckhead lounge, LRM Shanghai, former St Regis Shanghai Pudong now reflagged as LC,.....) to be significantly downgraded. I fully expect this supposed benefit to be a big minus for me.
What an incredibly asinine comment! "This doesn't affect me so I don't care!". A 2-year old can come up with something more insightful (Reminds me of the old adage, "economists know the price of everything and the value of nothing."

Let's recall the reasons Starwood enhanced PLAT benefits:
- # properties did not open their lounges 7 days/week;
- breakfast offerings were inconistent across the chain.

I (for one) am looking forward to the new amenity!