FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with earning EY miles on partner airlines
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:02 pm
whimike

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Problems with earning EY miles on partner airlines

I have flown several segments on Sri Lankan Airways which is an Etihad partner. From Etihad's webpage it states:

"Please quote your Etihad Guest Number when you book with Sri Lankan Airlines and remember to present your Etihad Guest Card at check-in. To make a booking on Sri Lankan Airlines log on to www.srilankan.aero"

So, I booked several flights on Sri Lankan Airlines via their website, all in business class, and entered my Etihad Guest number when booking. All of my boarding passes have the Etihad Guess number listed.

When booking on Sri Lankans website there is a choice of economy or business class, and no choice of various booking codes.

A month passes and there have been no points posted to my Etihad account. I contacted Etihad starting back in January about it and finally today I get the following email from them:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre with your request for missing Etihad Guest Miles to be credited to your account.

As a valued member of the Etihad Guest programme, you can earn miles when you fly as our guest on most flights. In this instance however,

UL422/CMBHKG/C

UL101/CMBMLE/C

do not qualify to earn miles.

Service class "C" is not eligible for mileage accrual in this program.

You can visit our website www.etihadguest.com where you will find our terms and conditions on earning miles when you fly with us or one of our partners. The website also allows you the flexibility to claim missing miles online as well as explore the many benefits you can enjoy as an Etihad Guest."

Hmmm... So, I go to their website, where it does claim:

" Booking Classes that qualify for accrual:
Business – J, Z
Economy – Y, P, W, M, B, K, H, A, O, E, R, U, Q, L, G, T, V, X"

The question, though, is why would a Z deep-discount business qualify and not a C fare?

More interestingly, following the above listing of valid booking classes, it goes on to list all of the in-valid booking classes:

"• Booking classes that do not qualify for accruals: (D,N,I,S)"

So, in my mind, they just forgot to add the C fare to Business as a valid option. It makes no sense that all sorts of highly discounted Economy seats would be valid but not a C-fare business class. And, the specific listing of the invalid classes would indicate that they just forgot to list the C class somewhere.

Any thoughts on this? What would you all do, further pursue this with Etihad to get the miles posted?