FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied E+ after seats changed - 7 hour flight
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:08 pm
HeIsAudiHereUnlessHesFlying

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
As far as the earlier seat change, this has affected others. Here is UA Insider's statement on this, found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18114732-post1.html

Seats
Sporadic Seat Assignment Issues. We continue to see sporadic cases where some pre-assigned seats were lost. We’re working on a process to automatically assign seats back in these cases, but, there may be times when the originally assigned seat is no longer available. We recommend using united.com to confirm or change your seat assignments for any upcoming trips.
Once I received the email that seat changes had been made.. I did log in but the site told me I had to call to change any details of the flight. I spent 30 minutes on hold before giving up and putting faith into getting it resolved at the airport.

It's just part of the merger. For me and many others, some mishaps are just going to happen. Unfortunately, this was a 7 hour flight mishap during a vacation with my lady.

I should have paid and sent in the receipt. However, the FA's announcement didn't make me want to deal with her anymore. Too much sarcasm. Ego was bigger than my seat today..... :P