FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experiences with Nada Chair products?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:49 pm
Rabbi Steve

Thumbs up I love my Nada Chair

Well, I've had one of these for over 10 years. And I'll give you my two cents…
I first discovered the Nada Chair at MacWorld Expo may be 10 years ago or more. They were selling them there, they had a booth or rather a place in the lobby, I think and you could try it out. And my friend urged me to try one. Although I thought the name was cute, I was pretty skeptical. It was one of those "too good to be true" or "Just too simple". There seemed to be no there there (Which is why they call it "Nada Chair". Hey, that rhymes! They should use that as a slogan…).

But after trying it out I really did like it. They had some kind of deal that you got a Backup, and I think they threw in the SlouchBuster either free or for a significant discount. Don't remember.

In my travels, I somehow have lost the Slouchbuster. I seem to remember that that work okay. I preferred then and still prefer now the Backup.

But I still have my Backup and I use it all the time. I do use it when I travel on the plane and helps me a lot. I use it when I type at my computer. I use it when I go to my therapist's office.

I use it when I meditate. When I go to class. It's light enough that I can pretty much carry it in my backpack or other carry-on. I have used it in a concert setting… I think when I went to see Brian Wilson.

And I've used it in a church setting at least two or three times.

My problem is I forgot about it for a short time maybe a couple years or maybe more. And sometimes I forget it still. I forget to take it with me. When I remember it; it works!

It really helps my back and feels very supportive.

Obviously, YMMV. This was my experience and continues to be. Others may feel something different. But I love it.
FWIW

If I'm not mistaken (don't quote me on this), I think they have a try before you buy deal or a complete satisfaction deal.

Someday, I really want to get that vest version. I forget what it's called. But it looks pretty cool. Sometimes it would be nice just to have something that I wear, rather than carrying something around. But it's pretty expensive for me now. Someday…

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions. Post what you decide. If you do get one for your sister, let us know what she thought about it.

Rabbi Steve

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
In my wanderings around the 'Net today, I ran across this product, which doesn't appear to have been mentioned on FT previously: http://www.nadachair.com/slouchbuster.html. In addition to the Slouchbuster, there are S'portbacker and Backup devices, but the Slouchbuster appears to be designed for travel.

Anyone tried one? My sister's headed on an overnight flight to Ireland in a couple of weeks, and I was thinking of buying her one, but my instincts say it's probably a waste of money.