FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New here...have a question about a flight change?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:37 pm
deethebee

New here...have a question about a flight change?

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't know where to post this but I have had a bit of a problem with Expedia who I booked a trip to Costa Rica with.

About 2 weeks after arriving in Costa Rica I received an email saying my original flight leaving Costa Rica and going to Miami at 7:25am had been changed to a flight leaving at 1:45pm. This really messed up my plans as I had planned to spend the day in Miami and fly back out to London at 9pm. So now I have to sit around Miami airport for 3 hours instead of being able to do anything there.

At the time I immediately told Expedia this was unacceptable and would ruin my plans and I told them I was not contactable my phone and they said they would get their Schedule Change team to contact me via email. However, they continued trying to call me and I received no emails from them. I kept bugging the support team and I told them I saw a flight leaving at 6am and I would be willing to take that flight but still nothing happened.

I then got an email from them this morning saying they have been trying to call me, but my flight now leaves in 2 days and I'm thinking there's no point trying to change the flight anymore but I am so mad with them...can I claim a refund and/or compensation? There's got to be something I can do for the hassle they've caused me...God knows when I will get to see Miami again so they've really screwed things up for me.

Thanks for any help in advance