FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day time flight BKK-AMS-MAN jet lag strategy
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:12 am
duan

Day time flight BKK-AMS-MAN jet lag strategy

Due to the new summer timetable this flight has changed from the usual night time 747 to the dreaded 777-200 day time flight leaving BKK at 12.25 and arriving in MAN via Schipol at 21.40.
Fortunately I am in J Class but as this is the first time I have flown the 777-200 and the first time I have flown back to Europe from BKK in the day time I have absolutely no idea of the best strategy for avoiding jet lag.
My usual strategy for a night time flight is to have a few beers in the lounge followed by a few glasses of wine over dinner and then try to sleep usually pretty successfully.
I would be very grateful for any advice from those experienced in day time east-west flights as to how best to approach it. I have reserved a front row aisle seat which I appreciate is adjacent to the toilet and galley but at least I will not be troubled by the person in front reclining. If this is a big mistake please let me know.