FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:53 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
However, there were people who waited between an hour and an hour and a half for the shuttle!!
I arrived at their shuttle stop at 7:15 this morning. I didn't have their local number but when the bus didn't show,I called their headquarters in Miami at 7:35. They promised to call MCO immediately.

At 7:55 I called Miami back. They called MCO again. At 8:05 the shuttle arrived. It is about a 10 minute drive to their office and during the ride, the office called the shuttle to tell the driver to pick me up.

(Incidentally, while I was waiting the Payless bus came three times.)

The driver told me that the problem was that they had a lot of drop offs and that a customer had forgotten his phone in the shuttle. The drop offs should not impact anything as after dropping off a customer they are already at the airport and can pick up incoming customers.

The phone, indeed, was forgotten -- and was still in the shuttle when I got in, so it could not have caused any delay at all.

Incidentally, they told me that they do not upgrade Platinum members -- that is done only in Europe.

As much as I like Sixt in Germany -- and had fantastic service there -- I can guarantee that I will not rent from them in MCO again.