FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Your reservation requires special handling. Please check in at an airport kiosk"
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:45 am
chasbondy
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by mdt76
Have a flight for tomorrow going to Costa Rica, and when I try to do OLCI I get a message that says:
Your reservation requires special handling. Please check in at an airport kiosk.
LOL. Thats a classic, brought to you by the racketeers at United. I got that message once and the counter agent comes over to assist me (I guess I looked like a moron). She said I was lucky to be checking in early to get a seat because the plane is totally full. I told her I have a ticket and an assigned so I'm not worried. She then said for just $75 I could have a seat with 5 inched more leg room. I said. I thought you told me there are no more seats???
With United, its a total atmosphere of shameful Al Capone-ish rackerteering

I had the same issue when trying to check in for my flight tomorrow to LAS so it seems to me like a tech issue rather than a visa issue

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Costa Rica does not require a visa (assuming you're holding a US Passport).
Does the reservation on the new united.com say that your reservation is out of sync? If so call up and ask them to re-sync it and then you can OLCI.
-RM
What the hell is re-sync???? Is this another way for United to jerk us around???

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:13 pm Reason: three consecutive posts merged