FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Completely Off-Base Air India Advertisement
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:37 am
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Completely Off-Base Air India Advertisement

http://aeroblogger.com/2012/03/02/ai...lso-hilarious/
Steven Frischling from the Flying With Fish blog brought to my attention an Air India advertisement that makes me laugh and want to puke at the same time. hilarious

This ad has not been endorsed by Air India in any way. It was submitted by an advertising company, using stock photos, as a potential advertisement for Air India.

Now, it’s clear that this ad does not, in any shape or form, fit the image of Air India. Air India, the beloved (by me anyway) Flag Carrier of the rather conservative country of India, does not want an image which brings to mind the controversial topics of sex, interracial relationships, etc. It is so far off base that it makes me want to puke, yet laugh at the same time.

Once this advertisement reached Air India, it was shot down pretty much immediately. Apparently, basically everyone who saw it was horrified by the advertisement. I would be horrified too if I was in their place… A person at Air India has told me that the advertisement will most probably never see the light of day because “so many important people were completely shocked” by the advertisement. However, in traditional Indian style, he included “the possibility that the advertisement may be used in the future cannot be ruled out.” in the message. This doesn’t actually mean that Air India will use the ad (I’d be shocked if they did), but it means that he doesn’t want to be responsible for giving me incorrect info if Air India does the unthinkable. That means that a final decision has presumably not been made yet regarding this advertising company.

I don’t think it will be too difficult to predict what the final decision will be though.