FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else notice the new gate readers at ORD?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:13 pm
FlyerChrisK

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Ha, not quite the response I was hoping for (I guess it's to be expected).

I think I'm just to the point where the more progress I see towards becoming one airline the better. I'm not convinced that CO is out to get us old UA folks, at the point the big decisions have been made and these little changes are to support the goal of becoming a unified operation.
A miserable travel experience is still a miserable travel experience, one airline or not. I'm just fortunate that AA is keeping me well occupied so I can fly them instead of UA.

Originally Posted by kenn0223
Regarding the scanners, the UA ones never seemed to work that well (not saying the new ones do) and it many iPhone users (perhaps one who are not frequent travelers) struggled when turning their phones upside down caused the barcode to jump around. I think people who try to use an iPad as their mobile BP are rare (it kinda defeats the purpose - why not just use your phone).
Why have to juggle a second electronic device at the gate when you don't have to?