FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:00 pm
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by HikerT
Well, I'm offically done with Delta Points. The censoring of comments is just ridiculous. Point in case, I emailed him asking why he deleted my follow up comment to his assertion that applying for two DL 30K offers was "100% better value" than applying for today's 75K offer from AMEX.

His reply was to was to read this:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltapoints/aboutme/

So just be aware that what you read on that blog is highly controlled and censored.
And to quote his blog:

I will and do censor reader comments. I will decide and have the final say as to what appears in the blog. I will not add any words to any comments from readers but I may take things away as I see fit. I will not tolerate any abusive language, hate speech or attacks on me or the blog or any other readers. I do not allow spam or other advertising in comments or in the web site field of the comment section. If you have nothing positive to add and just want to gripe then there are other places on the web for that or you can start your own blog. – René

I have removed him from my google reader. Frankly never mind this he just posts factual trash, like his recent mumbo jumbo about Amex MR converting to SPG at 1:1 which he quickly retracted presumably as people called him out on it. If a blogger doesn't know basic facts like that, they should not be in the blogging business. I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's like me blogging about golf or asian tigers, i know very little about either. I am surprised boardingarea tolerates the low quality Oh and the credit card pimping is bad too, probably worse than some of the others on ba who are bad to begin with. i remember when citi pulled affiliate links on the 50k typ offer he declared the deal "dead" and closed the post to comments. one can only assume he full well knew the deal was not dead, just his comish was dead