FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Syd -> kor -> nar
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:02 pm
armagebedar
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
In case I end up wanting to pay for this ticket, I tried booking this flight through the JAL website. They have a site for each region and you can only search/book flights departing from that region.
I was able to book the segment SYD - NRT through their Australian site. I don't understand why can't they have one centralized website that allows you to book from different regions.
In their Japanese site, they have Palau listed as one of their destinations but I couldn't find any availability even when I tried different days of the week. I keep getting:

The fares and seat availability could not be shown possibly for one of the following reasons:
- The flight for the specified portion does not operate every day of the week.
- The route cannot be found due to a complex connection for the specified portion.

Strangely, I was able to find a flight today on Monday when I search the list of departures/arrivals:
Extra flight JL8851
20:10 28FEB NRT (Tokyo Narita) Terminal 2 4:55 767
01:05 29FEB ROR (Palau)

Can these charter flights be booked through their website or do you have to call and do it over the phone?
Assuming I could book the flight NRT - ROR through their Japanese site, would I have to make 2 reservations for the 2 segments (SYD-NRT and NRT-ROR) through their 2 websites?
JL does not sell a fare for SYD-ROR, so you would have to purchase two tickets -- one for SYD-NRT and another for NRT-ROR.

The NRT-ROR only flies twice a week, it looks like -- for example, I see availability on 7 Mar and 11 Mar at the regular fare, which is 228,940 JPY AI. I also saw tour packages available for about 100,000 JPY.