FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cape Air Nonsense
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:13 pm
belynch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by leiserom
So how can I book a flight to a destination but they only ticket part of it. Doesnt seem logical.

By the way I looked at the Cape Air site and the flight was available. Do these people want to sell seats to codeshare partners?
Why not just book the tickets separately and then merge the two reservations? I did that for a trip last week to VQS and it was painless.

9K (Cape Air) is in the process of upgrading their back-end IT systems, which is what's most likely causing the disconnects between the two systems.

Originally Posted by seagar
I don't know if it is still the same but for me the flight was very interesting.
Cape Air operates mainly Cessna 402s, which are 8 seat passenger planes. Like every plane they are affected by weight and balance, it's just a lot more noticeable because the planes are so (relatively) small.

It is very common to put the lightest passenger (usually a child) in the "right" seat for weight and balance issues as the luggage is loaded in the nose of the plane.

They run a good, safe, reliable operation that gives you access to some pretty random locations. If you don't like flying on a prop, that's very much a matter of personal opinion.