FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stopover in Qatar - does Qatar Airways offer a Hotel?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:52 am
moeser

Originally Posted by manhattan92
I was recently denied a complimentary hotel stay in Doha despite flying in C Class with a 9 hour layover in Doha. The Doha airport staff were incredibly misinformed and kept telling me about having to pay extra in advance to have a hotel stopover. I guess this webpage is useless: http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...-hours-in-doha

The supervisor in the Premium Lounge suggested that I spend the night on "one of their nice reclining chairs" which is exactly what I was forced to do.

I was consistently disappointed by the ground staff personnel as much as I was impressed by the flight crews. A very strange airline--5 stars in the air, 2 stars on the ground.

Any suggestions as to my recourse here would be appreciated.
A fellow FFer had the exactly same problem,wrote QRs CS and got an e-mail explaining that the Base Fare ( restricted J ) was not eligible.

It gets more and more confusing.

I think it is high time that QR states the precise rules on their website so one can print them out and show them to the badly trained Ground Staff.