FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy With New Elite status Benefits for Premier/Silver Members (E+ Access)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:16 pm
pbuntrock

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by devinrob60
Just reviewed the new Premier rewards levels and really disappointed. Economy Plus access for silver is at check in. If I had know this was coming would have switched carriers when merger was announced. 28K miles last year and over 30K the year before and can't get an economy plus seat at the time of booking? Doesn't feel like I'm a valued customer. Rapid Rewards here I come.
I believe that the airlines are yet again making huge mistakes. They are always looking at current conditions and making short term mistakes; look at US and the $1 coke fiasco. Sure planes are full now with consolidation and reduced capacity. But we are clearly headed in to an increased fuel cost environment; higher ticket prices. This could mean a 10% to 20% fare increase. The business has always been cyclical, your best customer carry you through the lean times.
For leisure travelers and Kayakers travel is truly optional. As soon as prices rise they stay home, not move to another airline. Your elites even at 25k to 50k often have to travel for business even with price increases. So, do you lock in your good customer or roll the dice and look at just the next quarter? I expect early next year as prices rise; lots of promotions to keep your elites even at a low level. It would have been much cheaper just to treat people well in the first place.
I going to have a big laugh when yet again an arrogant management team and a bunch of newly minted MBA’s screws up a business.