FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Explorer Card New 60K Mileage Offer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:54 pm
Nottafatslob

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
United Explorer Card New 60K Mileage Offer

Greetings fellow Miles Lovers I hope I have something of worth to contribute here since I have learned a lot on this site. If this is not the correct or best place to post this New Credit Card Offer will one of the MOD'S please move it.

So today I logged into my United account and this offer popped up and I clicked on it when I saw it say 60k miles and No Annual Fee. I have not previously seen one over 50k and like that offer this one holds the miles carrot out as well but I believe it is a great offer.

Up to 60,000 Bonus Miles & First Year Free ($95 value†)
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after first use. Plus earn 10,000 after you spend $25,000 on your Card within a calendar year.
Priority Boarding and 2 United Club Passes each year.
First checked bag free.

Here is the link that I hope will work for all of you.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn60kAFW.aspx

I hope that offer doesn't bring up my personal information if it does someone please delete it.

I just tried the link and it shows the 40k offer not the 60k even though that is what I am looking at so maybe it is targeted. I will try posting a link from the application page and see what that does.

ONE QUESTION have people been able to get the new Explorer card even if in the past (over a year) they had a chase united mileage plus credit card??
Some say if it has been over 18 months you can still get the bonus offer so has anyone done that??

The terms and conditions say no that if you had a United mileage card before you are not eligible. Please I hope that is wrong if over 18 months but is says EVER.

Scroll down to see offer details
United MileagePlus® Explorer Card:
You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for the Visa Signature card, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum. The Signature and Platinum cards have different credit availability and benefits/benefits levels. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Miles

50,000 Bonus Miles:
With this bonus offer you will qualify and receive 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases or balance transfers, or using any checks that access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your MileagePlus Program account.