FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar has been good to me
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:44 am
BenSenise
Suspended

Dollar has been good to me

there are lots of horror stories in the forums for all car rental companies, hotels, and airlines. people are quick to post when things go wrong but not so much when things go well.
I'd like to give kudos to dollar since i've had very good service from them for last few rentals.
in fact, last time i got a car at LAX, they were running low on standard sized cars (e.g. ford fusion which BTW i think is an excellent car) and there was a mustang convertible in the row I was supposed to select a car from. I asked a couple of people if that was right and they said yes. so i hopped in the car grinning from ear to ear.
we just spent 10 days in florida and picked up our car from the FLL location. since i use dollar express, we went right to the parking lot booth. the guy there was extremely nice and our car was parked a few feet away. it was a brand new ford fusion (12 miles on the odo.), leather interior, sirius satellite radio with great sound in the car. we were thrilled.
we paid for the epass electronic toll system and cruised around florida the whole time without a worry.
return was a breeze and took a few seconds. no problems.
i've found that dollar's prices are consistently less than avis or hertz.
so kudos to you dollar. you've got my business as long as you treat me this well!