FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:39 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by stimpy
I have some Euro LX flights coming up booked in Y. I have a UA Star Gold card which has unfortunately expired and UA hasn't sent out new cards yet due to the merger with CO. If I get an email from UA stating that I am Star Gold throughout 2012 will that work with the dragons? Or will they also accept a BP that says *G these days?

Also, something weird with the swiss.com website. It will allow you to credit the flight to any Star member account except UA and CO. What's up with that? I'm going to try calling them in the morning to add it to the flight record. Hope that works.
The lounge dragons in ZRH are usually pretty relaxed. They let me in with a paper statement from A3 that I hit Gold with them already, when I didn't had the card yet (in fact, the "statement" was a printout from the website) - 4 out of 4 times.. other outstations might be more restrictive, I know it didn't always worked in MUC, for example (1 out of 3 times only)

A written statement, and an expired card should be an even stronger hint, so I guess in ZRH there will be zero problems, and even at most outstation you should be alright. If your program can't be selected on the website, it might be due to the merger. Yes, a call to LX should solve it. Have fun flying, and enjoy time in Switzerland ^ (Check out if there is any local meet up from Flyertalkers (or the local Vielfliegertreff) in ZRH while you're there