FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Ticket Fee ZRH - IST
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:57 am
GNVGator

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Change Ticket Fee ZRH - IST

Hey guys, new to TK quick question/comment/story.

I booked a restricted fare one way ZRH - IST. Plans changed and I needed to change my flight. I knew it was a restricted fare so I expected to pay a change penalty. I get on the phone with TK and the first lady says its a 100 euro change fee but no change in fare price so that was good.

No big deal, let's do this.

"Well sir you can't pay the change fee over the phone with me since your not a TK M&S member, you need to go to one of our 4 ticket offices in the US to pay the chagne fee". I responded "OK, weird, since i don't live in NYC, LA, or DC can I just call them and pay over the phone?". "No sir you need to go in person". I then make a quip about the pony express and how online payments haven't really caught on yet...She was amused...She then mentions something about emailing me a form to mail to them, she then puts me on hold and hangs up

Called again and get another agent who says no problem but you can't pay over the phone, but you can pay at the ticket office in ZRH no later than 2 hours before your flight. Ok that's a little better but still kind of strange that I can't just pay it over the phone.

I know that i should expect a little hassle when trying to change a restricted fare, but only being able to pay in person seems a little extreme. Does anybody have experience with this, is this standard practice?

Go Gators