FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Our" magic111 has passed away... 21 Feb 2012
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:44 am
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I received this terrible news this morning with the rest of the AA Mod team and am still very much in denial about it.

I met up with Jim several times over the years on his travels through NYC to visit his family, and always enjoyed his love for travel and his perspectives as a soccer referee. He was generous with his time and knowledge, and early in my days as a moderator, he noticed that I was heading on a transatlantic trip and graciously offered me systemwide upgrades. His contributions to the AA Forum were major and massive, and we will sorely miss his decisive insights behind the scenes.

I last had the chance to spend time with Jim over coffee just two weeks ago, on his way back from London. As a true FlyerTalker, he'd taken a circuitous route, exploring along the way. He even decided to try my local RewardsNetwork favorite, although he later told me that it might have been a bit much for his jetlagged stomach.

Condolences to Jerrie and the rest of Jim's family. We'll miss you, bud.