FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton {US-NJ}
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:17 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reiziger
Anyone experiences with the Doubletree at Princeton, NJ?

I checked in after a long trip at 10:30PM and I was barely able to 'enjoy' dinner during a vacuum cleaning concert.

Is this part of the welcome committee?
The staff probably had a set time to clean up before closing. They may habitually do it every night and were oblivious to the situation. In these cases ask the restaurant manager if it might be possible to wait, and if not request that your meal be brought up as room service, without the service charges, of course. By requesting and offering a reasonable alternative, you then have a valid complaint if nothing is done. If you did not complain, they may not have realized it was a problem for you.

In a past life I used to be part of a crew that closed a restaurant. One of the goals, often incompatible with customers, is to have everything ready to go "lights out" as soon as possible after the "Closed" sign goes on the door.