FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:09 am
Connecta

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Originally Posted by percysmith
So Amex, Zurich and Chartis seem to do (real) medevacs. But who would you trust? Normally I would think Amex has been in the business of medevacs longer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...latinum-2.html, but their customer service in recent years....
I didn't look at the fine-print since it takes a bit too much time. To be honest, I don't know Chartis too well. So I would trust Zurich more than Chartis.

The reason why my health insurance is at the top end, is because Germany provides compulsory health insurance. So any private insurance has to provide so much more extra benefit to make it worth paying a higher premium - whereas in USA or here, anything is better than virtually nothing. The same could be said for Zurich - at least in Switzerland there's compulsory insurance for health. So it's likely that at least the policies offered to Swiss people have superb evacuation service and because they have very high hospital standards (likelihood may be higher for evacuation). But lots of assumptions.

Maybe fakecd can tell more because of the specific travel insurance research made.