FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longshot request: Saudi Arabian BBJ at Love Field
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:52 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by dbuckho
High-Level Saudi Delegation to Visit USA

The delegation, comprising representatives from various government sides, will visit the US Supreme Court and Wall Street and hold talks with a number of Senators, representatives of some US states, US Justice Secretary, Attorney General, Deputy and Assistant Secretary of State, Dallas Methodist University academicians and senior officials, among others.

Focus is on law and justice, not oil!
Bet the Saudis had just as difficult a time finding the nonexistent Dallas Methodist University as they did raising Montreal Center on 127.37

Originally Posted by MrMan
I live 15 blocks from DAL runways and watch planes landing while floating in the pool! DAL gets a lot of potentates private jets for maintenance. And when I say private jets were talking 75's and 76's. Dalfort aviation as well as others is located at Love. Remember all those old Braniff headquarters and hangers are now private maintenance. I also see airlines not served by DAL fly there often for work. Some Spirit, Allegiant and commuters. Lots of Mid-East private jets get work done at Love. All size of aircraft as well from 747's to the smallest experimental.
Associated Air Center at DAL also does interior completions for ex-airliners being converted into VVIP private aircraft.

DAL is a very important airport for all manner of MRO work. Planespotters heaven, really. Gulfstream does G150/G200/G280 completions at DAL. Bombardier has a service center here too. Plus the aforementioned Dalfort and Associated hangars off of Lemmon Ave that see lots of heavy iron...