FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The world is round! To HKT and SIN via PVG, ZRH and FRA on UA,LH,LX F TG,SQ C & 3K Y
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:47 pm
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Nice report there. Great pictures.

Got to say though that the UA International F menu is really not very good; I've seen better choices and more interesting menus on many a J trip.

To put that in perspective - I am allergic to shellfish and don't enjoy seafood. So with no choice of starters (very poor for F) I would be limited to a salad, followed by a choice of Chicken or Beef (how EXCITING). No choice of desserts and having to pick between a sundae OR cheese is pretty mean Second meal looks fairly desperate too.

The seating doesn't look much better that CX and AA are installing in J on some of their aircraft. I don't think I'll be rushing to UA any day soon.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy 2 other airlines that know how to do International F properly. I really rate the food on LX; on LH it can be a bit strange but at least they make the effort. You didn't mention any wines, but you can betcha that the wines on LX/LH outshone UA.

Thanks again ^